The Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) was established on 15 November 2000 by Local Law No. (3) of 2000, the provisions of which vest the Market with a legal entity of autonomous status, independent finance and management, and give ADX the necessary supervisory and executive powers to exercise its functions.
These functions are:
- Provide opportunities to invest savings and funds in securities in order to benefit national economy.
- Ensure the soundness and accuracy of transactions and to ensure the interaction between demand and supply in order to determine prices.
- Protect investors through establishing fair and proper dealing principles between various investors.
- Impose stringent controls over securities transactions to ensure sound and conduct procedure.
- Develop investment awareness by conduction studies and issuing recommendations in order to ensure that savings are invested in productive sectors.
- Ensure financial and economic stability and develop trading methods in order to ensure liquidity and stability of prices of Securities listed on the market.