1. Number of listed companies: 98 Iraqi companies.
The number increased by listing: 17 new companies and deletion of 2 companies during 2015.
2. Number of listed shares increased to 8.7 trillion shares, with a rise of 53% compared to 2014, including 5.669 trillion shares representing capitals of 23 listed Bank, its shares representing 65% of the total listed shares. Therefore, the banking sector is still the leader in ISX.
3. Number of traded shares: 619 billion shares with a decline of 17% compared to 2014. Thus, the shares turnover amounted to 7% of the total listed shares.
4. The value of traded shares IQ: 495 billion with a decline of 45% compared to 2014. The shares turnover rate takes 5% of the market capitalization.
5. Number of transactions: 120,978 tickets with a rise of 15% compared to 2014.
6. The market capitalization for ISX listed shares IQ: 9.2 trillion with a decline of 2% compared to 2014.
7. The price index ISX60 closed at 995.944 points on the first trading session 2015, and closed at 730.560 points in 2015 last session, achieving a decline of 26%.
8. The non-Iraqis bought 72 billion shares worth IQ 73 billion in 60 companies. The non-Iraqis sold 182 billion shares worth IQ 114 billion in 57 companies, including the sale of HSBC contribution in “Dar-Alsalam Investment Bank”.
The market indicators are part of the Iraqi economy which has been affected by the economic crisis for the decline in oil prices globally since 2014, and reached its lowest level in the second half of 2015.