Khartoum Stock Exchange has completed by the end of the year 2013, 19 years, which witnessed the march of Khartoum Stock Exchange several stages and transitions, the most recent was the market transformation to electronic trading and the following is profiles of the most important stages in the life of the market:
- The idea of establishing a stock exchange in Sudan started in 1962 whereby many formalities such as studies and communications had been started by the Ministry of Finance and Bank of Sudan jointly with IFC one of the arms of the World Bank .
- The Stock Exchange Board had been formed in 1992. In November of the same year the Council of Ministers amended the Stock Exchange Act of 1982, but the amended Act did not cover all the required necessary objectives to establish a Stock Exchange.
- On the 2nd of January 1995 the secondary market was completed and the market started dealing in the shares of the first listed companies.
- In 1999 the Parallel Market started its operation, as well as the classification of listed companies according to their adherence to conditions regulating the companies listed either in the regular market or the parallel one.
- In 2001 a number of Investment Funds (Sukuk) and Government Musharaka Certificates (Shehama) were issued and listed in KSE.
- In 2003 the Khartoum Index was declared, listing the KSE in the Arab Monetary Fund data base and cross listing Sudatel in Abu Dhabi Securities Market were carried out.
- In 2007 Khartoum Stock Exchange joined the African Markets Union which is going to open new horizons of cooperation with regional stock markets.
- In the year 2010 was the adoption of the market as an observer in the Arab Federation of Exchanges to enjoy full membership at the next meeting of the federation.
- In the year 2011 was the completion of the tests of electronic trading systems, the adoption of KSE to be a permanent member in the association of Arab Stock Exchanges and the start of the trial run of a program for electronic trading.
- In the year 2013 was the Start of the second stage of electronic trading
More information on the Khartoum Stock Exchange Website at http://www.kse.com.sd/.