Credit Libanais SAL, which aims to meet the needs of each customer throughout its lifecycle, operates as a global provider providing a full range of banking products and services channeled through an extensive network of 66 branches, an Islamic banking, a financial institution, a leasing and an insurance company subsidiaries in Lebanon, full-fledged branches in Limassol, Cyprus; Manama, Bahrain, Irbil and Baghdad, Iraq, and a Representative Office in Montreal, Canada as well as a banking subsidiary in Senegal, which paves the way for expansion in all eight states of the economic zone of West Africa.
The Bank also is a pioneer in the field of e-banking and reaps the benefits of a large network of international correspondents around the globe.
Credit Libanais was established in July 12, 1961, as a Lebanese joint stock company. The Bank’s ownership is split between EFG HERMES CL HOLDING SAL controlling 63.74% of the share capital and CIH BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL HOLDING SAL with a 25.20% stake .The remaining 11.06% is owned by over 1,000 individual shareholders, including mainly executives and employees of the Bank, each with less than 5%.
Credit Libanais has strategic cooperative partnerships with:
- Arab Trade Financing Program (ATFP)
- Inter Arab Investment Guarantee Corporation (IAIGC)
- Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investments and Export Credit (ICIIEC)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Saudi Development Program (SDP)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Numerous international bodies